« Home | 7 Secrets of Selling Success » | Split Second Selling Book Review » | Power of Positive Selling » | 4 Business Success Factors » | Welcome »

Little Thoughts of Hope

We’re all very good at creating negative thoughts and patterns. These come in the words that we use these, now are behaviors and he’s come from thoughts. One way to gain yourself doubt is to bombard your subconscious mind with new thoughts and images. You simply must stop the “Pitty Pot” and learn to move forward. Stop letting the negative energy drive you. Rather let positive thoughts and emotions drive you to a new destination.

You might say stopping the negativity especially when it is all around you sounds easy. You might even say that nothing good is happening in your life currently so therefore it is impossible to have positive affirmations. This is simply untrue. If I constantly felt that my life would never change and that my father would continually be until perhaps he killed me that would halt my life. If in fact I felt that I would never get on the other job opportunity, or even change my career I would not have the balance in my life and a loving family. The only thing that controls that difference between where you are and where you want to be are your emotions and your ability to stop negativity.

I know many people with stage for cancer and I know the five year old that is in dire need of a bone marrow transplant. When in the same room with these people one would never know that they suffer from life threatening ailments. Why? They use affirmative statements that stop the pain and suffering and make them live in each day as if it were they last. I am not diminishing your pain and suffering but I am trying to establish a method for you to see things differently. Here are some methods to help you to reach a more positive state.

1. Live in the present. If you have a dream and you want to accomplish something then describe what you desire as though you already have it as if the dream has already been accomplished. When I first got terminated and I dreamt of becoming a professional speaker my original statement was
“I’m going to be a professional speaker.” I simply change the formula by living in the present. The statement that in the present was changed to “ I am that Tony Robbins in my market.”

2. The affirmative. State your affirmations and the positive. Your brain does not do well with negative comments. When you talk in the negative it becomes that. When you speak in the negative you’re simply affirm your fears. End your negative thoughts by becoming more positive. Rather than say “I will never make enough money.” State the obvious, “I have more money than I have ever dreamed of”.

3. Use power words. Words are as important as the affirmations that we use. If we want to change our lives we need to select words that allow was to expand our level and create positive results. Words shape our beliefs, and they create action. Alternatively, they create inaction. I have found over the years that words that are used this and power me and create self doubt.

4. Change your state. Self doubt stems from an not only our vocabulary but our state. To illustrate my point imagine for a moment the body language of a homeless person. Picture that homeless person lying on the street, with dirty clothes, situated in a corner of a large building. They are cowering and have a sad sullen look on their dirt speckled face. You can see the sorrow; you can visibly see the pain and the suffering.

5. Visualize the Result. Visualize what it would look like if you reached your pleasure without the doubt. See things are you want them to be. Picture yourself in the dress, in the car, with the boyfriend, etc. Create the feeling in your head as if you were all ready living the dream.

6. Belief in the Lord. For those of you reading this book with a belief in God, I have found that this is also one of the best ways to end self doubt. Many years ago I was lost in my journey until a friend of mine gave me a sentiment piece with the inscribed words, “Be Still and Know”. "Be Still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10) is one of my favorites. It reminds me to let go and trust God to do God's will.

Labels: , ,

About me

  • Drew Stevens PhD dramatically accelerates business growth. Drew is the author of four books including Split Second Selling™, and Split Second Customer Service™. Clients include American International Group, Hilton Hotels, AT&T, The Federal Reserve Bank, Reliv International, The New York Times, Mercy Health Plans Quicken Loans and over 200 other leading organizations.
My profile

Subscribe

Bookmark