« Home | Live Audio Conference - How to Organize your Life » | Cold Calling Tips » | Value from Associations » | Mean What you Say and Live within your Means. » | Do not question the power of the quill » | How to Get More Organized » | Convincing the Prospect » | Customer Loyalty - Does it work? » | Wine is Reserved for Bottles Not You... » | The True Leader of Yesteryear »

How to annoy a prospect

I am barraged with a daily dosage of emails and voice mail solicitations. Nothing disturbs me more than someone who does not know me trying to pitch me without understanding my need. In the last few weeks a photo company has called my office countless times to sell me on my photo copy needs. Each representative begins their rote communicate with similar diatribe, "How are you today"?

There is another vendor that recently sent this to me:
"I just wanted to let you know that I'm your point of contact here at xxxxx.
I'm hoping to get a sense of what you're looking for. Do you have time to talk today? If not, when is a good time for you?
Have a good day,"

What is so frustrating about both situations is the ridiculousness. Not one bothers to ask of my needs. Not one solicits me for value and not one understands my business!

Here are some best practices:
1. Do not cold call. It does not work! It is disruptive and I am surprised how many first continue this senseless practice.
2. Research the firm you want to speak with. A recent research report illustrates that 47.9 percent of selling managers are concerned about selling professionals research efforts.
3. Only speak with a buyer. Wasting valuable time with a gatekeeper will gain conversation not revenue.
4. Ensure all campaigns you conduct are focused on outcome and results for the client. Facts about you, your competitors etc provide little relevance to your pitch.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

About me

  • Drew Stevens PhD dramatically accelerates business growth. Drew is the author of four books including Split Second Selling™, and Split Second Customer Service™. Clients include American International Group, Hilton Hotels, AT&T, The Federal Reserve Bank, Reliv International, The New York Times, Mercy Health Plans Quicken Loans and over 200 other leading organizations.
My profile

Subscribe

Bookmark