« Home | Dr. Drew's Webinars to be available on Business Ex... » | The Laws of Sales Success » | How to Gain Business Success » | Training is only triage for real issues » | Overcoming Sales Hurdles » | Optimizing Sales Leads - How to Generate a Higher ... » | Sales Trends for the next Five Years » | How Sales and Politics Align » | How to annoy a prospect » | Live Audio Conference - How to Organize your Life »

Are you sitting on your past?

I attended a local high school in a small community north of the Bronx, in New York. After a dismal freshman year stemming from a dysfunctional home, I found solstice with participation in track and field. Within a few weeks of the tryouts, I became a sprinter and hurdler for the next three years.

My coach (Anthony “Box” James) was a wonderful human being who knew how to touch my soul to find the talent I never knew I had. I still remember a special day after setting a school record in the intermediate hurdles; Coach sent a note to my classroom that stated, “Are you sitting on your past?” While they brought a smile then, what I did not realize is these words became the antithesis of my business success.

Too many of us make excuses about business. We blame the economy, the clients and even alliances. Since I received my note in 1978 by Coach James I live each day with the moniker, “Living in the Past”. It is very convenient to blame others and issues, yet the only method to create sales, develop alliances and discover business is to refrain from living in the past and creating a new future. Change stems from action, not living in the past. Change alters behavior. Change builds confidence. Stop the excuses, refrain from self doubt, and stop living in the past.



Bookmark

Labels: , , , ,

About me

  • Drew Stevens PhD dramatically accelerates business growth. Drew is the author of four books including Split Second Selling™, and Split Second Customer Service™. Clients include American International Group, Hilton Hotels, AT&T, The Federal Reserve Bank, Reliv International, The New York Times, Mercy Health Plans Quicken Loans and over 200 other leading organizations.
My profile

Subscribe

Bookmark